This passage has been a great encouragement to me as I've been praying for some things for my church recently. God so loved my church he died for her and he lives for her:
|
Psalm 132 | An attempt to pray its fulfilment |
|
Remember, O Lord, in David's favour,
all the hardships he endured, | Remember, Father God, in Christ's favour
his suffering in his life and death, |
how he swore to the Lord
and vowed to the Mighty One of Jacob, | remember that he swore to you, he made a solemn vow to you |
"I will not enter my house
or get into my bed,
I will not give sleep to my eyes
or slumber to my eyelids,
until I find a place for the Lord,
a dwelling place for the Mighty One of Jacob.” | He promised,
"I will not rest until I build somewhere for you to live" |
Behold, we heard of it in Ephrathah;
we found it in the fields of Jaar. | Listen close everyone, we have heard amazing news in Bethlehem, news that God was in Jesus Christ |
"Let us go to his dwelling place;
let us worship at his footstool!" | Let us go to Jesus Christ where God is, and there worship |
Arise, O Lord, and go to your resting place,
you and the ark of your might. | Father come and find your rest in your church, you and your Son with you. |
Let your priests be clothed with righteousness,
and let your saints shout for joy. | Our Father, make your people righteous, make them shout in joy |
For the sake of your servant David,
do not turn away the face of your anointed one. | You should do this for Jesus' sake, please do not forget him. |
The Lord swore to David a sure oath
from which he will not turn back:
"One of the sons of your body
I will set on your throne.
If your sons keep my covenant
and my testimonies that I shall teach them,
their sons also forever
shall sit on your throne." | We know that the Father swore to the Son, and he will never renege on such a commitment,
The Father said "I will make one of David's sons
the king of my church,
and because he will keep my covenant perfectly
he will reign forever. |
"This is my resting place forever;
here I will dwell, for I have desired it. | Our Father said "as my Son will reign forever in the church
so I will abide in my Son and be with him
I will settle permanently to rest in the church.
Why? Because I love the church. |
I will abundantly bless her provisions;
I will satisfy her poor with bread.
Her priests I will clothe with salvation,
and her saints will shout for joy. | I will give in overflowing generosity,
I will feed the church
I will provide all she needs
and her members will shout for joy! |
There I will make a horn to sprout for David;
I have prepared a lamp for my anointed.
His enemies I will clothe with shame,
but on him his crown will shine." | In the church Jesus will be honoured.
but those who oppose Jesus will be shamed |
No comments:
Post a Comment