- What shall we do with the sudden declaring of all foods clean in the New Covenant? That's what I am thinking about at the moment as my Bible reading plan takes me through Leviticus (when I bother to follow it). And what does that teach us about the Gospel? Incidentally I am a little sceptical of the use of David Field's word studying in Romans just because I think uncleanness is a really important. How can we accept that because the word 'law' does not appear after Romans 13:10 that we don't have to fit Romans 14 (on vegetables) into our reasoning.
- What did Calvin base the structure of his 1559 Institutes on? The Creed (as Mike Reeves in his great talks on Calvin suggests along with others such as TF Torrance) or Romans (as JI Packer says)? Or is this just the universal structure of great theology, seeing as it also appears quite Trinitarian? But most important of all... am I just too much of geek because these sorts of things nag at me?
Anyhow, I am so rushed of my feet this week that is the best I can manage for a post. Sorry.
No comments:
Post a Comment