I thought a few people may be interested in this new TV series from John Dickson (Australian evangelist). He's written a lot of books which include the wonderfully titled (and very good) If I were God—I'd make myself clearer... (available from The Good Book Co).
Anyway he has lined up an incredible list of the best of the best of sensible scholars out there to interview, so hopefully it will be pretty good and will be shown in the UK soon. You can view a whole load of video clips on the website: www.thechristfiles.com.au. My favourite bit has to be James Charlesworth on the differences between Qumran and Jesus. Here is the blurb:
The Christ Files is a full-scale historical documentary based on the book of the same name by Dr. John Dickson, Director of the Centre for Public Christianity and Honorary Associate of the Department of Ancient History, Macquarie University, Australia.
Filmed in seven countries the documentary reveals the earliest and most important manuscript evidence for Jesus of Nazareth, including the writings of Josephus, Tacitus, the apostle Paul and the controversial Gnostic Gospels.
Neither a work of fanciful scepticism nor of Christian propaganda The Christ Files provides viewers with a front row seat to the facts behind Western civilisation’s most influential story.
Interviews with twelve of the most prominent scholars and historians and access to some of Israel’s most important archaeological sites give this documentary a unique authority.
(Hat tip to Michael Bird).
dude, that's amazing. how can we get this in the UK? I'm gonna email krish kandiah see if he's aware of it this looks brilliant!
ReplyDeleteHope you're well. I'm keeping busy, pushing doors and praying like the clappers. Stuff to pray for:
Staff interview on wed, 2 Biophysics PhD applications by sat, Belgian GBU mission 10-17 and Wycliffe mission to France 17-24.
Blimy... you are pushing doors. Exciting though, especially when you know that God has good works planned for you.
ReplyDeleteI will pray. Let me know how things go.
DVDs are down as available to 'pre-order' on the site and if you click on that link delivery to the UK seems possible.
the wonderfully titled (and very good) If I were God—I'd make myself clearer...
ReplyDeleteI must admit that the title that occurred to me on seeing this was 'If I were God, I'd only write one book!'