Sunday, September 11, 2011

My top 10 songs

For what it's worth, here are my top 10 (in no particular order):

  • My Song is Love Unknown (Crossman)
  • Before the Throne Above (Bancroft, tune by Cook)
  • In Christ Alone (Townend/Getty)
  • How Deep the Father's Love (Townend)
  • And can it be that I should gain (Wesley)
  • When I Survey the Wondrous Cross (Watts)
  • I cannot tell why He whom angels worship (Fullerton)
  • When I was lost you came and rescued me (Simmonds)
  • The Look (Newton, adapted by Kauflin)
  • It is Finished (Wesley, Praise version I think)

What are your favourites?

3 comments:

  1. No 'A Mighty Fortress is Our God'? ;-)

    'Dear Lord and Father of Mankind' and 'For All the Saints' would make my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting choices. I'm not all that familiar with "for all the saints" but know "dear Lord..." fairly well, good first verse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS I do like the words to Luther's hymns, but the music lets them down a little.

    "Dear Christians One and all rejoice" is another good Luther one.

    ReplyDelete