I remember Mike Cain happily from my Bristol days. I haven't finished it yet but I think this is a great little book. It's winsome and encourages further thought. It is not an introduction to Christianity but more a primer to encourage further exploration. It presents Christianity as full of life and not at all stale.
2. Christianity ExploredSomething else I have not yet finished but which I'm also loving. I started doing this with my church and a friend recently with sinfully small expectations. However it is excellent for at least 3 reasons:
- firstly, Rico Tice's videos are very well made, not only are they not cringworthy they are actually brilliant representations of the message;
- secondly, it uses the gospel of Mark to teach the gospel. God's own word confronts people and not just my opinion or the leader's opinion.
- thirdly, Jesus and not 'the religion of Christianity' is all pervasive.
I really have not done it justice. I am loving it! ... and loving seeing what God is doing through it!
3. Tim Keller's talks from The Reason for God website
| From the series "The Trouble with Christianity: Why it's so Hard to Believe It" | ||
| Exclusivity: How can there be just one true religion? | Download Audio | Study Guide |
| Suffering: If God is good, why is there so much evil in the world? | Download Audio | Study Guide |
| Absolutism: Don't we all have to find truth for ourselves? | Download Audio | Study Guide |
| Injustice: Hasn't Christianity been an instrument for oppression? | Download Audio | Study Guide |
| Hell: Isn't the God of Christianity an angry Judge? | Download Audio | Study Guide |
| Doubt: What should I do with my doubts? (by David Bisgrove) | Download Audio | Study Guide |
| Literalism: Isn't the Bible historically unreliable and regressive? | Download Audio | Study Guide |
Again I haven't finished them all, and I'm not sure that I agree with everything in the one on Hell, but he is an amazingly engaging and thoughtful speaker. I'm buying the book off the back of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment