Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Where do we go from here?

Listening to: Handel: Balshazzar (Pinnock)

Correct me if I'm wrong...!

Where do the Biblical writers go from when they meditate on God's works? In particular where do they go after thinking on the cross and resurrection?

Occasionally they go backwards: "If Christ died on a cross then in eternity past [fill in the blank]".

Sometimes they go upwards: "If Christ died on a cross then God must be [fill in the blank]"

Most often they go forwards: "If Christ died on a cross then now/in the future [fill in the blank]."

I can't really do a scientific survey but I think that's right. Do you agree? Does it make a difference?

I would argue that it means that we need to deal more in promises than revelation (although both indwell each other).

A thought prompted by a unknown questioner in Glen's excellent course.

No comments:

Post a Comment